Re: Recursive materialized view

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 06:50:50 -0700

Ansti wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need to create a view that uses data from the database and from itself.
> For the first time it uses just some data from the database. Later it would
> use all the data from the database plus some from itself that is not in the
> database (has been deleted). How would it be possible to create such a view
> if at all? Maybe there is an alternative solution to my question.

On the assumption that English is not your first language I am going to request that you rewrite this and have someone help you make it clearer.

What you have written would lead one to believe that you want to query data from a view that "has been deleted" which is clearly impossible.

Also ... Oracle version and sample code and data are very helpful.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org