Re: service handle not initialized error

From: SQ <onestatusquo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2005 06:31:53 -0700

Have I installed 9i incorrectly? I am missing dbca command from the system, and also missing lsnrctl, dbstart, dbshut. And I don't have ora_pmon or ora_smon processes running, I cannot create a database.

When I installed 9i, I put everything under folders called Disk1, Disk2, Disk3 and ran runInstaller from there. However the instructions said to create a CD. Was that a mistake?

So how do I troubleshoot this? Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 08:31:53 CDT