Re: Sarbanes-Oxley: Windows Oracle

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:18:09 -0700

BestWayDBA wrote:
> My company has just begun to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley. I would like
> to know how other companies are handling support issues for Oracle
> Windows DBAs.
>
> Is your company documenting why an Oracle DBA needs Local Windows
> Administrator?
>
> Or is your company giving Oracle DBA lesser Windows permissions?
>
> I find my job difficult to do without the Local Administrator rights.
>
> I'd like to know what's going on in other shops.
>
> Thanks,
> Jean

If the point of the exercise is SarbOx then you do not want any privilege not required to peform your responsibilities. Anything more puts you personally, and your company, in jeopardy.

That something is difficult for you is not the issue. Compliance with the law is the only issue. And if you are unaware of FACTA then I strongly suggest you go to google.com and find out about it too.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org