Re: Sql Help

From: Ed Prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2005 09:44:33 -0700

kishanthakker_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Dear Prochak,
>
> >>How do you define the "previous row" ?
>
> I M selecting in order of fnd_code,txn_dt,txn_no
>
> and I want in the same order previous row.
>
> I hope I M clear in my explanation.
>
> thanx
>
> regards
>
> Kishan Thakker

No you are still not clear. It doesn't make sense to me.

Please provide some sample data. Then show what result you desire for the sample of data you provide. You do no need to post a lot of rows, maybe 10 rows.

If you can clearly define the previous row, I'm thinking it might be possible to do a hierarchical query using CONNECT BY. (But I suspect your definition of Previous is not well defined)

Otherwise I'd suggest doing this outside SQL in some other language, like PERL.

HTH,
  Ed Prochak
(Don't be so formal, just call me Ed) Received on Mon Aug 01 2005 - 11:44:33 CDT