Need to track the DML transactions

From: <soochis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Jul 2005 22:02:47 -0700

Hi, we are doing a database migration from Oracle v8.1 running on SOLARIS to DB2 v7.0 running on AIX.
  Because the data is in the order of tera bytes, the whole migration effort is likely to take about 10 days. The customer cannot shut down the production server for 10 days.
  So, we are planning to take a snapshot of the entire database and do data migration on the snapshot data. During this activity, a lot of transactions would have occured on the production database. We would need to migrate these transactions also from Oracle to DB2.   How do we track these transactions which occured during the migration activity.
  One obvious choice appears to be creating Triggers, but the customer fears that it might slow down the performance.   We thought of using Log Miner, but the problem with that is that Log Miner in Oracle 8.x does not support CLOB data and about 40% of our data is in the CLOB form.
  Is there any other way we can accomplish this? Is using SQL Trace a viable option at all?
  Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much. Received on Fri Jul 29 2005 - 00:02:47 CDT