create UNDO tbsp -> syntax error on extent management local uniform ???

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2005 19:47:55 -0700

Hi All,

Sorry, I did try to look/follow oracle's syntax diagram. And I still get an error.

http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db10g/db10g.show_toc?which=main&partno=b10759&maxlevel=2&section=&expand=41369

And I try to do this:

SQL> Create UNDO Tablespace undo_tbs1
  2 datafile '/qt1/q02/oradata/GA1/undotbs1.dbf'   3 size 1000M autoextend on
  4 extent management local uniform size 8M; extent management local uniform size 8M

                        *

ERROR at line 4:
ORA-30024: Invalid specification for CREATE UNDO TABLESPACE

I suspect is it oracle don't allow the UNDO tbsp to be "uniform size" ??? Or it has to be "AUTOALLOCATE" or something?

Or UNDO can't be local manage???

Thanks in advance,

Dom Received on Wed Jul 27 2005 - 21:47:55 CDT