Re: cf query - wanting to set nls date

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:54:11 -0700

"mike" <hillmw_at_charter.net> wrote in message news:1122438942.670366.51730_at_g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I cant be doing that in my pgm, because i'd have to make a call to see
> what kind of field it is..... and then try to mask it.
>
> The user will be giving me the field: mydate and a date: '7/27/2005'
>
> So, since I can't set nls_date_format before I do this query i'll have
> to change the date in the javascript before I feed it to the sql.
>
> Then I'll get the field: mydate and a date: '27-Jul-2005' and that
> should work fine.
>
> Mike

You could do it in your program. You should know the data types of your fields. You are probably not using bind variables and you should. (yes you can with cold fusion) If you don't use bind variables you have a security hole that a truck could drive through. (google sql injection) Use bind variables and use the format mask.

There are other ways to change the nls date format mask, but you should be doing it the correct way. You could go to otn.oracle.com and read the docs for information. Also asktom.oracle.com is an excellent site with a ton of valuable information.
Jim Received on Tue Jul 26 2005 - 23:54:11 CDT