Re: Help with SQL script

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:26:22 +0200

On 26 Jul 2005 19:17:20 -0700, "Squid" <exceldude2001_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> am a newbie at Oracle. I need help figuring out when I run the
>following script (createtables.sql) to create tables. I also included
>the errors I am receiving under these scripts. I am stumped on why
>tables are not being created.

Identifiers like table names can't have special characters unless enclosed by double quotes. The space is being considered a special character. Surely you don't want to make sure you have select * from "Packing List"
everywhere!
You'd better replace the space by an underscore. From your script it looks like you have been exposed to Mickeysoft Sql.
Oracle != Sqlserver and you should better forget about everything you learned, as you won't manage to turn Oracle in to sqlserver ever.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA