Re: Including CLOB data in an XML document

From: g3000 <carlton_gregory_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2005 20:49:09 -0700

let me put it more plain, maybe I will get a response then....

if I have this

my_table

col1     number
col2     date
col3     clob

ctx := dbms_xmlquery.set_context("Select * from my_table");

myclob := dbms_xmlquery.getXml( ctx);

what would col3 data look like in the returned XML document?

The answer is <col3> (CLOB) </col3>

What I want to know is how can I get the actual ASCII characters for col3 instead of the word CLOB in parenthesis? Received on Fri Jul 22 2005 - 22:49:09 CDT