Re: PowerPoint Slides Available for Intro & Advanced DB Course

From: <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2005 15:09:24 -0700

"Remember filmstrips? Remember anything you ever learned from
filmstrips?" - Cliff Stoll

"We had 12.9 gigabytes of PowerPoint slides on our network. And I
thought, What a huge waste of corporate productivity. So we banned it. And we've had three unbelievable record-breaking fiscal quarters since we banned PowerPoint. Now, I would argue that every company in the world, if it would just ban PowerPoint, would see their earnings skyrocket. Employees would stand around going, 'What do I do? Guess I've got to go to work.'" - Scott McNealy, CEO of Sun Microsystems - and http://www.acs.org.au/president/1996/atm/npc/im961009.htm

http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/powerpoint

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.

"Eliminate panic from your thinking. This will help you on your path to
abundance. " - Ron Miller Or at least abundance for the tiger.