Connecting JDeveloper to Oracle DB

From: Gary Floam <floam_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:45:11 -0400

Hello all,

A dumb, dumb question. I have Oracle JDeveloper Version 9.0.5.0.0 Preview and instance of Oracle 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 . All this is running on a single XP minicomputer. Problem: I cannot get JDeveloper to connect to the Oracle DB. I went through all the connection wizards on JDeveloper, but nothing seemed to work. I am a novice to JDeveloper but not a novice to Oracle DB. Can someone tell what kind of connection I want and how to establish it.

Thank you all Received on Thu Jul 21 2005 - 11:45:11 CDT