PL\SQL and Oracle Full Text help

From: <jimi_xyz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Jul 2005 08:01:16 -0700

Im using Oracle 9i with Oracle full text. I have built the index using CTXSYS.CONTEXT. Now want I want is for some one to be able to goto the web site, type of word into the text box, using ASP. My question is how do i get that word the user wants to find, into the pl\sql "where contains(...)" statement?

here is what i have, so far i can search for the word 'research' from a table of clobs..

set serveroutput on size 999999

DECLARE

	CURSOR c1 IS
	select score(1) score, projectid
	from project
	where contains(objectives, 'research', 1) > 0;

	score_temp						number(10);
	projectid_temp				NUMBER(10);
BEGIN
	DELETE FROM list; --make table list null
	OPEN c1;
	LOOP
		FETCH c1 INTO score_temp, projectid_temp;
		INSERT INTO list(id, score)
			VALUES(projectid_temp, score_temp);

		EXIT WHEN c1%NOTFOUND;
	END LOOP;
	CLOSE c1;
	COMMIT;

END; Thank you, any help will do.
Jimmie Received on Thu Jul 21 2005 - 10:01:16 CDT