Re: 0ra-01002 error

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:19:37 GMT

spathiyal_at_yahoo.ca wrote in

> Hi there,
> I am getting 0ra-01002 error when I will run the following query.
> Could you please tell me how I can reolve this issue.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> select level,id, childid , lpad(' ', 2*level- 1) || childid
> from table
>
> connect by prior childid=id

01002, 00000, "fetch out of sequence"

// *Cause: This error means that a fetch has been attempted from a cursor
//         which is no longer valid.  Note that a PL/SQL cursor loop
//         implicitly does fetches, and thus may also cause this error.
//         There are a number of possible causes for this error, including:
//         1) Fetching from a cursor after the last row has been retrieved
//            and the ORA-1403 error returned.
//         2) If the cursor has been opened with the FOR UPDATE clause,
//            fetching after a COMMIT has been issued will return the
error.
//         3) Rebinding any placeholders in the SQL statement, then issuing
//            a fetch before reexecuting the statement.
// *Action: 1) Do not issue a fetch statement after the last row has been
//             retrieved - there are no more rows to fetch.
//          2) Do not issue a COMMIT inside a fetch loop for a cursor
//             that has been opened FOR UPDATE.
//          3) Reexecute the statement after rebinding, then attempt to
//             fetch again.