Libraries needed for Pro*C on AIX

From: Poh Tien Lye <pohtl_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:03:22 +0800

Hi ,

I am porting a program from Ms Windows to AIX 5. The program is written in C and uses Pro*C to access the oracle 9.2.0 database. The program also uses OCI for updating BLOB to the database. On the Ms Windows, the only oracle library that is used is oraSQL.lib.

However, on the AIX when I link the program to libsql9.a. The linker complains of many symbol not found. Below are a sample of these:

lcvb2w
OCIAttrGet
lxldini
lxlinit
lxinitc
kptrput

When I use the symfind, I found that these are found in many libraries under both the oracle/lib and lib32 directories. Sorry for posting this simple question as I am working on the AIX for the first time. Or is there a FAQ where I can find the answer? Many thanks. Received on Tue Jul 19 2005 - 18:03:22 CDT