Re: Need SQL optimization help

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:12:01 +0100

"Ivan K." <ivan_521521_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:42DD5B06.1050208_at_yahoo.com...

> I have been writing SQL scripts for five years, however lately,
> the database I have been working with is so large that
> queries I need to run are taking in excess of hours.
> I have been reading the Oracle literature on DB and SQL
> optimization, and so far, I find it a bit bewildering.
>
> I will continue to read the literature, but in the meantime,
> can someone suggest how I might optimize the following
> query?

well you don't give the explain plan, stats etc.

never the less.

do you really need all those distincts in the subquerys? as opposed to at the end?
are stats current?
optimiser_mode/goal?
oracle version?
indexes on the various XXX_id columns ans subsubitems.score?

some of these will be answered by posting an explain plan.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA