Re: Oracle Profile Question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:09:34 +0200

On 19 Jul 2005 10:02:51 -0700, amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:

>What is so hard to understand about that? There must be a way to
>detect that, in batch mode, and deal with it, without having everything
>hang or abort.......

You are barking at the wrong tree. If this a production system, the system shouldn't be shutdown at random intervals. Either it is not a production system, or you need to develop a special stupidity alert system.
Other than that you might consider to set up replication between the non-production system and your production system. Replication is implemented in the form of pl/sql jobs, and they will be resubmitted when they fail.
And, no, we're not going to help you out with setting that up. It is quite evident you think you know everything better and can manage databases by using sellotape all over the place. Both you and the incompetent administrators of the non-production site could better reconsider their career, or be prepared to get fired sooner or later.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA