Query Hangs...

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 19 Jul 2005 07:54:46 -0700

Hi All,

We have a stored procedure that runs and grabs data from a remote system over a database link. We are not responsible for that remote system, and sometimes that link goes down for whatever reason. Unfortunately, we are not responsible for that system, so it is difficult to make 100% sure the link is always up.

If this happens while our stored procedure is running, it basically hangs, forever. And, if we kill the job, the session becomes orphaned and just hangs out there.

I've been reading on how to maybe control the timeout on a query, and everything seems to point to creating a profile, and using the CPU_PER_CALL to control this.

I'm wondering what other ways there are to control the jobs hanging if the link goes down.

Thanks in advance Received on Tue Jul 19 2005 - 09:54:46 CDT