Re: External Hard drive - E-Business Suite

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:36:19 -0700

Ganesh wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I want to install Oracle E-Business suite on my LAPTOP, which has the
> following configuration
> p4 - 1.7ghz,
> 512 mb ram,
> 60 gb hard disk,
> Windows XP Professional OS.
>
> The minimum hard disk requirement to install the vision database is
> 90 gb. If I connect a external hard drive and will I be able to install
> the Oracle applications.
>
> Please guide me.
>
> Thanks,
> Ganesh

I think your bigger problem is a 1.7GHz laptop with only 512MB of RAM. If you do get it running ... well walking ... well crawling ... I'm not sure you will have the patience to do anything with it.

Still wondering, for example, where you plan to install the App Server.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org