Oracle Profile Question

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 18 Jul 2005 09:32:06 -0700

Hi All,

We have a stored procedure that runs and grabs data from over a database link. Sometimes that link goes down because the remote database goes down.

If this happens while our stroed procedure is running, it basically hangs, forever.

I've been reading on how to maybe control the timeout on a query, and everything seems to point to creating a profile, and using the CPU_PER_CALL to control this.

However, I do not want this profile in effect all the time, only during the duration of this job. And, this job does not run as SYSTEM.

So, is there a way to select when to activate the profile? Or, would I have to change the script to have a DBA user log in, alter the profile, log in as the user, run the job as the user, and then log in as a DBA and alter the profile again?

Thanks

Arthur Received on Mon Jul 18 2005 - 11:32:06 CDT