ASM on Gentoo-Linux

From: Moritz Klein <mklein_at_students.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 02:37:00 +0200

Hi NG,
first of all the version-informations:
Oracle 10G R2
Gentoo 2005.0 with kernel 2.6.12-gentoo-r4 asmlib-2.0.0 compiled against specified kernel

Finally I got this beast to start CSS, an I am ready to configure ASM with my 6 spare disks. I created several asmfs-disks with "/etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk ASDMx /dev/sdxx", checked the list which displayed ok, then fired up dbca. I now created a Disk-Group but problem is, there aren't any disks showing up. Do I have to adjust any settings to show the disks, I tried nearly everything on the discovery path setting but nothing works.

Any help highly appreciated,

   Moritz

P.S.: I know this is on an unsupported plattform, but this one is the only I have for playing around with Oracle and ASM. Received on Fri Jul 15 2005 - 19:37:00 CDT