Oracle AS 10.1.2 on Fedora Core 4 questions

From: yorky <bryan.munday_at_parexel.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2005 06:16:47 -0700

Hi,

Firstly please forgive any mistakes I make when asking my questions I'm new to all this :-)

I've installed Oracle 10g (10.1.0) on FC4 no problem and the dabtabase works fine (much to my surprise :-)

NOw I've been asked to put as the AS as well. So first question is:

DO I have to create a new instance or can I use the one I already have?

If not I'm assuming I just create a new instance for the netadata repository, is that correct?

Can anyone give me some very basic adivce on doing this (or point me int eh right direction) as it's all new to me and the documentation seems to assume more knowledge tha I curtrently have :-(

TIA Bryan Received on Thu Jul 14 2005 - 08:16:47 CDT