Re: Can a Table be Invalidated?

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:47:05 -0700

"Ken" <ken_at_kk.int> wrote in message news:42d5d5e7$1_3_at_rain.i-cable.com...
> Hi all,
>
> In Oracle 9iR2, the USER_OBJECTS view contains the STATUS column for ALL
> objects including table. Does it mean it is possible to invalidate a
> table?
> If yes, how?
>
> Thx

Ahmmm....
No.

You can drop, truncate, move, partition, index organize, alter, analyze, select from, delete from, update, insert, export, and do other neat little things with a table, but to my knowledge you cannot invalidate a table.

Interesting question, though...

--
Andreas
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
---

WARNING:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
Reply to me only on this newsgroup