Re: ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:29:54 GMT

"mike" <hillmw_at_charter.net> wrote in

> I have no idea what to do with this.
>
> When I used: desc dbms_rowid using TOAD I got a package body window
> loaded and when pressed execute procedure I got a series of "set
> parameters" one of which was "rowid_info" defined below.
>
> How do I use this to solve my problem: deadlocks
>
> DECLARE
> ROWID_IN ROWID;
> ROWID_TYPE NUMBER;
> OBJECT_NUMBER NUMBER;
> RELATIVE_FNO NUMBER;
> BLOCK_NUMBER NUMBER;
> ROW_NUMBER NUMBER;
>
> BEGIN
> ROWID_IN := NULL;
> ROWID_TYPE := NULL;
> OBJECT_NUMBER := NULL;
> RELATIVE_FNO := NULL;
> BLOCK_NUMBER := NULL;
> ROW_NUMBER := NULL;
>
> SYS.DBMS_ROWID.ROWID_INFO ( ROWID_IN, ROWID_TYPE, OBJECT_NUMBER,
> RELATIVE_FNO, BLOCK_NUMBER, ROW_NUMBER );
> COMMIT;
> END;

Deadlocks are caused by poorly coded applications. By using the information in the trace/dump files, you should be able to identify which object(s) are involved. From there you should be able to determine where in the application the conflict occurs. From there the application needs to be changed so two different pieces of code don't fight over the same object at the same time. Received on Wed Jul 13 2005 - 10:29:54 CDT