Silly little sqlplus question :)

From: grz02 <grz01_at_spray.se>
Date: 8 Jul 2005 05:24:02 -0700

I have a little silly problem in spooling data from sqlplus to a file in the exact format I want. To demonstrate it, here is a simple test-case. In sqlplus under unix I run those commands:

set linesize 9999
set pagesize 49999
set trimspool on
set feed off
set head off
set echo off
set verify off
set termout off
spool myfile.txt
select 'ABC' from dual;
select 'XYZ' from dual;
spool off

I put those commands in a script, and then run sqlplus user/password @myscript.sql

Now, my problem is that the output file will have a blank line before each row of output, i.e:

<blankline>

ABC
<blankline>

XYZ rather than just

ABC
XYZ that I would like.
Any way I can avoid those blank lines
(without post-processing the output, of course)?