Re: Combining Stored Procedures?

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Jul 2005 05:19:23 -0700

PL/SQL != T-SQL You'll need to read the 'How do I deprogram from Sql-sever Manual' The first chapter in this manual is:
How do I learn how to fish instead others have to fish on my behalf. The second chapter in this manual is:
What is the *proper* definition of a procedure (the code above is not a procedure at all)
The third chapter is:
What is a REF CURSOR and why will replacing T-SQL procedures by PL/SQL procedures returning a REF CURSOR result in an unscalable application.

Obviously you would need to read
- both books by Thomas Kyte

This is an Oracle newsgroup.
Oracle != Sql-server sold by a different vendor.

You'd best try to avoid 'porting' any sql-server application to Oracle. It just won't work, EVER!!!

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA