Re: When to Commit?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 6 Jul 2005 09:38:27 -0700

Ed, where did I ever state that you commit within a logical transaction? Sybrands comment that you never have an intermediate commit was in response to where I stated that you pick a commit frequency within a job task based on the concurrent demand for the rows involved. Perhaps because I did not explicitly state that the commit should be between logical units of work, that is, a transaction which I think is a given, Sybrand misunderstood me. Nevertheless I think my post was pretty clear that I was talking about committing within a job and his response reads that you should commit only once.