Re: Connection Pooling - tracking users

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 07:07:32 -0700

i_rahim_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can link a particular session arising from a
> connection pool - back to the client that initiated the session. The
> App server uses jvm for setting up a connection pool and users are just
> assigned an open connection but when you look in V$SESSION you see none
> of the user information that you would normally see for a straight
> forward connection. There must be something I can interrogate on the
> APp server which shows me the relationship between client and the
> Oracle session i.e. osuser, program,terminal etc

I can't help you based on what you've provided perhaps you have a bit more information. Such as:

  1. What app server? Product and version
  2. What JVM?
  3. What application (internally coded or purchased)?
  4. Anything else that might be related/useful -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan_at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)