Re: SAP and Oracle DG: Looking for ideas and best practices

From: Billy <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 3 Jul 2005 22:14:02 -0700

Why does everyone call it SAP? SAP is the name of the company. R3 (or is it R/3?) is the name of the actual product.

I've always find this reference to the company and not the product, just weird (and I recall that this has been the case since the early 90's). Is it a lack of actual product branding? Result of how they marketed the product that led to this?

--
Billy