Re: When to Commit?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2005 13:32:44 -0700

While long running jobs are often canidates for improvement I do not see hoow you can just assume that becasue a job runs for 36 hours that there is a design problem. I have seen tasks that ran close to the theoretical hardware performance limit for performing the work that ran more than 12 hours. Sometimes you just have that much data to process.  You could argue whether the work needs to be done, but without knowing the process or the requirements for the task I do not see how you can make an intelligent determination based on run time alone.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sun Jul 03 2005 - 15:32:44 CDT