When to Commit?

From: edmond <edmond_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 05:14:18 +0800

I often hear that for long txn, we should commit occasionally rather than having a long outstanding txn. But in Expert one-on-one Oracle, the author suggest we should commit when required rather than manually inserting commit i.e. if our logic is to commit at end of the long txn, so be it (so long as our rollback segment is large enough).

What are the considerations behind these 2 approaches? Received on Fri Jul 01 2005 - 16:14:18 CDT