SAP and Oracle DG: Looking for ideas and best practices

From: Vince Laurent <vincelaurent_at_REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:23:41 GMT

We have 2 servers with the following configuration:

role server SID

primary sapsnd.ic.ssmhc.com SND
standby sapude.ic.ssmhc.com SND

I managed to get oracle data guard working to where I can fail sapsnd over to sapude. NOW we are trying to figure out how to bring SAP up on sapude. Ideas we are pondering include changing DNS or changing the IP of sapude to make it sapsnd.

Someone must have done this before. What have you found to be best practice?

Thanks
Vince

Come race with us!
http://www.mgpmrc.org Received on Fri Jul 01 2005 - 11:23:41 CDT