PLS-00306 error with simple function call within a package

From: Texar <texar_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:18:48 +0200

Hello,

i am trying to call a function inside a package. (basic operation)

I do not have the package source and it is wrapped, so i can't see the source.

the doc only say:

function: opensession:

in: login: varchar2
pass: varchar2
out: result number

well, very simple, to test it, i click on my old sql*plus software, set the correct type and call the function:

SQL> var result number
SQL> exec owner.package.opensession ('login','pass',:result); BEGIN owner.package.opensession ('login','pass',:result); END;

      *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'OPENSESSION'
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

In parameters seems to be correct
outtoo as well

the number of parameter is ok (i try to call the function as a procedure without the result parameter and i have: PLS-00221: 'OPENSESSION' is not a procedure or is undefined, that is what i expected to have (that just tell me that there is 3 parameters and i try to call the function as a procedure)

i am not the package's owner , but i have the right to execute it. I tested to be usual user with execution rigth on this package, and as sysdba as well; but no chance.

I created my own package to test if i was to rusty to remember how to create one, call my own function, and it works fine under toad as well as sql*plus.

So why i can't have this function to work within the provided package? what do i miss. How can i debug more information to know what's going on? As a reminder, just assume that i do not have access to the source package as it is wrapped.

Thanks for your help.

D. Texar Received on Sun Jun 26 2005 - 05:18:48 CDT