Re: Oracle Reference Books from Oreilly

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 06:56:33 -0700

Akp wrote:
> Why cant you give straight forward answers ? If you know about any such
> book then provide the link else just do not post ! May the reader wants
> to upgrade or figure out some feature that is not there in the earlier
> version.Just asking "irrelevant questions" wont add to one's
> creadibility.Moreover I do not think that wheather the person knows
> every 9i feature or not should be of anyone's concern.
>
> sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>

>>Given the fact that at least half of the planet is still using 9i and
>>8i, I'm not sure why you worry.
>>Do you know every 9i feature?
>>

>>--
>>Sybrand Bakker
>>Senior Oracle DBA

By top posting you immediately start off many yards behind the line of scrimage.

That said ... this is usenet. Sybrand can post, as long as he is on-topic anything he wishes. If you aren't happy with what he has posted then the onus is upon you to provide a better answer: Not to criticize what he has done. That you didn't have anything to post other than criticism reminds me of the following:

Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves