Re: Memset Optimizing

From: Rene Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:43:08 +0000 (UTC)

On 2005-06-24, Pani <prcpani_at_polaris.co.in> wrote:
> I have a program that will read as follows
>
> #define MS(x) memset(x.arr,'\0',sizeof(x.arr))
>
> void memset_var()
> {
> int cnt =0;
>
> for (cnt=0;cnt<ARR_SIZE;cnt++)
> {
> MS(v_array_temp[cnt]);
> }
> }
>
> How do i avoid loop and is there any short cut or easier method to
> clear the array without using loop

This is an Oracle forum, not a c forum. Just that it happens that your seven lines of code within an Oracle client application does not mean that you get help here best.

Tip: when yuo go to a c related forum, provide more contextm, not just this minimal approach if you expect them to help you.

hth
Rene

--
  Rene Nyffenegger