Re: Oracle Licensing Issue

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:56:01 -0700

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1119570287.318416_at_yasure...
> Andreas Sheriff wrote:
>> It's a legacy database that's been in place since '99.
>>
>> Support ran out a long time ago.
>
> Contact your sales rep and get a support contract.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> http://www.psoug.org
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

We did look into continuing our support contract a while back,but Oracle quoted us a number in the 100,000's for "back support". It would have been better to go to 9i at the time, but that was still too expensive. We inherited 8i from our .com days when money wafted through the air and jasmine flowered every toilet seat, but now the budget is tight. I've been fighting for an upgrade for a while now, but it's been an uphill battle.

--
Andreas
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
---

WARNING:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
Reply to me only on this newsgroup