Re: Oracle Reference Books from Oreilly

From: simon <simon_at_simon.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 02:39:13 +0800

<sybrandb_at_yahoo.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:1119536470.481339.183740_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> Given the fact that at least half of the planet is still using 9i and
> 8i, I'm not sure why you worry.
> Do you know every 9i feature?

Exactly the point. I know too little about Oracle that I cant even tell if the features I am trying to learn is outdated or not.

To be more specific, in learning the built-in packages, the latest book I found from Oreilly is "Oracle Built-in Packages" published in 1998. To be frank, in other computer related books, 1998 sounds like stone age. So I just want some advice if that book is still containing the up-to-date information. Received on Thu Jun 23 2005 - 13:39:13 CDT