Re: Outcome of my research on OCP.

From: simon <simon_at_simon.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:19:19 +0800

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> ¦b¶l¥ó news:1119135786.895652_at_yasure ¤¤¼¶¼g ...
> Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:
>
> > The only thing that counts most of the time is knowing that some exists
so
> > you can look it up.
>
> True to a point. But we all know cursor loops exist ... but that does
> not mean you should use them. The same thing goes for unique indexes.
> There is no valid reason I can think of, in Oracle, to ever create a
> unique index.
>
> Addendum: And yes I am going to intentionally wait for someone to ask
> me why even though this has been covered in this group many times before.

Yes, may I ask why CURSOR LOOP (I assume you mean CURSOR FOR LOOP in the PLSQL stored proc) should not be used. I am new to this group and missed many old posts - and I think it doesnt hurt to discuss the same issue again as there are always newcomers learning Oracle from scratch. Received on Wed Jun 22 2005 - 08:19:19 CDT