how to get the time part of a DATETIME datatype?

From: PWalker <pwalker_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:10:25 +1000

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. I am trying to display the time part of a datetime datatype in my query (in this isntance the column containing the datetime datatype is called 'starttime'). How does one accomplish this? I want to see the time via a simple select statement:

select starttime from mytable;

I was trying to use 'convert' statements, but I wasnt able to get it working. Could someone tell me how to do this? I do not want to start configuring system files as the server is fairly locked down.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

cheers, peter Received on Wed Jun 22 2005 - 05:10:25 CDT