IMP stalls (???)

From: David_T (MO) <d_thomas02_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2005 08:12:33 -0700

I'm using Oracle 8i and am trying to keep a backup database current with our Production database. We do a daily full EXP of Production and then weekly IMP the latest dumpfile into the backup database. Normally this has only taken an hour to complete but lately it appears to be stalling early in the import after the following lines:

. importing SYS's objects into SYS
. importing SYSTEM's objects into SYSTEM
. importing SYS's objects into SYS
. importing SYSTEM's objects into SYSTEM
. . importing table "DEF$_AQCALL" 0 rows
imported
. . importing table "DEF$_AQERROR" 0 rows
imported
. . importing table "DEF$_CALLDEST" 0 rows
imported
. . importing table "DEF$_DEFAULTDEST" 0 rows
imported
. . importing table "DEF$_DESTINATION" 0 rows
imported
. . importing table "DEF$_ERROR" 0 rows
imported
. . importing table "DEF$_LOB" 0 rows
imported
. . importing table "DEF$_ORIGIN" 0 rows
imported
. . importing table "DEF$_PROPAGATOR" 0 rows
imported
. . importing table "DEF$_PUSHED_TRANSACTIONS" 0 rows
imported

After about eight hours it will continue with the next line and then run to completion at a normal pace.

. . importing table "DEF$_TEMP$LOB" 0 rows
imported

Does anyone have any ideas whats causing the stall? Received on Mon Jun 20 2005 - 10:12:33 CDT