Re: GUID as primary key

From: Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:29:00 +0200

Mark D Powell schrieb am 20.06.2005 in
<1119273534.757735.55110_at_g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>:

> Andreas, Billy provided the necessary statement, but what is the point
> of adding a GUID to every table? Does every table really need a GUID?
We hope it will make our live easier. I told Billy, that the application will work in several departments. Sometimes the connection will be cut but the Software still has to work. We hope that merging the data when connection is active again will be easier and that the developement of the application will be easier because we dont have to decide, whether connected or not.

> Just curious -- MArk D Powell --

Hope I could explain what you wanted to know, but my English is not the best on earth.

Andreas

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de