Re: Restore Oracle 8i database

From: <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2005 17:32:15 -0700

Daniel:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a76990/glossary.htm#1912

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a76990/glossary.htm#1786

>From Oracle's viewpoint, getting the data back in from an exp isn't
even a restore. The semantic issue is that we consider it restoring to a specific point or range in time (depending on consistency), but restore means something specific to Oracle, and that is not what happens when you import the exact same data as was there before. So we just need a different word. I can't think of a good one right now. Incarnation is already taken...

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.