Re: ODBC connection using instant client...

From: tojo <Tojo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:06:46 +0200

In article <d8uej7$r98$1_at_nntp.fujitsu-siemens.com>, volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org says...
> The problem I have is that I can't even register the data source because the driver
> isn't found.
> Did you no have to register it?
> What is your odbc connection string?

What happens when you do the "UDL" test?

  1. Create a text file on your desktop
  2. Rename the file to an .UDL extension
  3. Open the UDL file
  4. Choose a provider and enter the connection properties
  5. Test the connection

You can then open the UDL file in Notepad to see the connection string.

HTH,
Tom Received on Fri Jun 17 2005 - 09:06:46 CDT