Re: How to write trigger for ON_DELETE_CASCADE?

From: Chris ( Val ) <chrisval_at_bigpond.com.au>
Date: 16 Jun 2005 14:16:12 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> ajay.sonawane_at_gmail.com wrote:
> > U means to say that SOURCE and ITEM are reserved words and I should
> > change them before any side effect ???
>
> Not ITEM ... just SOURCE. I would suggest you use the query I included
> often: Especially when naming objects, columns, and variables. Side
> effects from using reserved words are unpredictable at best.

Hi Daniel,

Coming from C++, we often make use of namespaces to avoid such name clashes - Actually, you can't really work in C++ without some form of namespace qualification.

Does Oracle have such a feature? or do you know if there is any chance of it being introduced in future releases, if it does not already exist?

It would avoid these sorts of issues if you could use such a construct.

Cheers,
Chris Val Received on Thu Jun 16 2005 - 16:16:12 CDT