Re: Newbie:Spool file

From: Dmitry E. Loginov <lde_at_mpsb.ru>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:38:40 +0400

"Generic Account 1209" <masc1209_at_rohan.sdsu.edu> wrote in message news:d8qnj4$ivg$1_at_gondor.sdsu.edu...

> Hello Everyone,
> I am learning SqlPlus and I wonder if there's a way
> to append the some of my SQL practice into the same
> file?
> I mean, I would like to something like the following
>
> SQL>spool prac.txt
> SQL>select * from empbb02;
> SQL>spool off
> SQL>do something else
> SQL>spool prac.txt
> SQL>alter table empbb02....
> SQL>spool off
>
> I would like to capture only some of my practice into the
> same file.
> Is there a way to do it?

Unfortunately you can't append spool to a existing file, nevertheless you can spool your output to set of files (prac1.txt, prac2.txt, etc) and concatenate ones later by the OS coman (f.e. copy) using HOST command in SQLPlus.
Yet another way - If there is not necessary to see results on the terminal while script running, You can redirect output of the SQLPlus to file in the command line (f.e. sqlplus u/p_at_db @sript.sql > prac.txt) and use SET TERMOUT command to turn output on and off.
> Thank you very much.
>
> Dean

Dmitry Received on Thu Jun 16 2005 - 01:38:40 CDT