Re: partitioning on column with initial null value

From: <upuaut_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Jun 2005 18:14:28 -0700

Sorry for the oversight.

select * from v$version
where banner like 'Oracle%'; returns

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

Volume: 3 to 7 million records daily.

What I'm trying to do is partition by week. Data is loaded into the table without the week value. I later would calculate it using oracle's date functions.

each week's worth of data lives in the DB for few weeks, then gets deleted.

I run weekly reports against the data using the week column. Ideally, all tables will be partitioned that way... if it is a viable opproach.

thanking you in advance. Received on Tue Jun 14 2005 - 20:14:28 CDT