Re: PLSQL Collection

From: Dmitry E. Loginov <lde_at_mpsb.ru>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:35:08 +0400

"simon" <simon_at_simon.com> wrote in message news:42aed75e$1_3_at_rain.i-cable.com...

> > This is exactly what makes me confused. The 9iR2's PLSQL User's Guide
and
> > Reference never mention about this restriction. Actually, it claims
trim
> is
> > applicable to collection - which means INDEX BY TABLES, NESTED TABLES
and
> > Varrays!!!
> >
> > So my actual question is which collection type is trim applicable to?

Read the manual carefully:
PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference
Release 2 (9.2)
Part Number A96624-01
5. PL/SQL Collections and Records
Using Collection Methods
Collection methods cannot be called from SQL statements. ____Also, EXTEND and TRIM cannot be used with associative arrays.____ EXISTS, COUNT, LIMIT, FIRST, LAST, PRIOR, and NEXT are functions; EXTEND, TRIM, and DELETE are procedures. EXISTS, PRIOR, NEXT, TRIM, EXTEND, and DELETE take parameters corresponding to collection subscripts, which are usually integers but can also be strings for associative arrays.