Re: PLSQL Newbie Qn

From: simon <simon_at_whhost.com.au>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 01:10:28 +0800

"Gerard H. Pille" <ghp_at_skynet.be> ¦b¶l¥ó
> Not if id can be 0 or 99, else it is OK. It is abnormal to select nothing
or
> multiple values in to a single, simple variable.
Ok, assuming id cannot be 0 or 99, or I can just use another variable as the flag.

What i am trying clarify is that if this way of using exception for testing row count returned by SELECT INTO a good practice? Because I am thinking exception should be used to handle abnormal cases, not an IF test of expected possibilities. However, given the fact that SELECT INTO will raise exception, it seems this technique have to be used. Received on Fri Jun 10 2005 - 12:10:28 CDT