Re: ** SQL Query Ouput Format **

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:09:09 -0500

parag9i_at_gmail.com wrote:

>Hi Mark/Sybrand,
>
>My SQL version in Oracle9iR2. I think I know how to write SQL to
>extract the data. But I want ouput in exactly in same way I have
>mentioned it thru SQL.
>
>I do not have any idea of generating this file record type output thru
>SQL. I though I may use chr(10) ( new line ) with '||' but did not find
> practical. This report can be generated by other way like Report
>Builder, Business Objects ..etc but I want to generate data in SQL.
>Actually I want to generate this data for Bank for clients, accounts,
>faciliites ...etc. I have put my requirement thru Dept,emp example.
>
>looking for your answer.
>
>regards
>pjp

Trying to use SqlPlus as a report formatter/generator is very time consuming, depending on your data.

Read the docs on the various options to use with the COLUMN and Break and SUM functions in SqlPLus...

( They can format the text, insert line breaks, word wraps etc..)

Why not use a tool that is designed to do reports? Do you program in assembler? ( it can be done, but why??) Received on Fri Jun 10 2005 - 11:09:09 CDT