pro*c, multiple execution of SELECTs

From: Torsten Mueller <dev-null_at_shared-files.de>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:25:36 +0200

I use pro*c of Oracle 8.1.7 on HPUX.

I have a program (not written by myself) that executes a SELECT in a function sequence like this:

        EXEC SQL CONNECT ... IDENTIFIED BY ... AT ... USING ...;         EXEC SQL AT ... SELECT * FROM ... WHERE ...         EXEC SQL AT ... COMMIT WORK RELEASE This works very well if it is executed once. But the program performs a core dump if I execute more than one SELECT. I want to execute the same SELECT with different values in host variables before the COMMIT line. It crashes in the second execution of the SELECT in the call of sqlcxt() generated by pro*c.

My question: is there a special pro*c statement needed to terminate the execution of an SQL query or is it possible to execute the same query again and again like show above?

T.M. Received on Thu Jun 09 2005 - 03:25:36 CDT