Re: Trigger problem

From: Barbara Boehmer <baboehme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2005 16:37:59 -0700

Well, I don't know if there is any point in my replying as I am just repeating advice that you are ignoring:

  1. Use a sequence instead of selecting the maximum value plus one.
  2. Do not select from the same table that the trigger is on from within the trigger.
  3. Use one select statement to select directly into your :new values, instead of selecting into variables.
  4. Do not try to create a trigger on an external table.
  5. Use the code that I provided, instead of the mess that you have.

Perhaps someone else would like to offer their opinion. Received on Wed Jun 08 2005 - 18:37:59 CDT